Join PA Preferred
The PA Preferred Program from the Department of Agriculture promotes PA farmers and their products.
A new branding program introduced by Governor Wolf extends the PA Preferred program to beers brewed with PA ingredients. Supporting local farmers and giving consumers a product they prefer is a perfect opportunity for positive PR! you can help the family farm, earn some extra dough, and position your brewery as locally conscious.
The PA Preferred Brews program
PA craft brewers are eligible to use the PA Preferred trademark for beers that are brewed in PA, made in compliance with all laws, and are produced from PA agricultural products (hops, malt, etc) to the extent they are available. If hops are not available, 100% PA malt qualifies for the trademark. Simply join PA Preferred, then register your beer, all for free.
Use the logo on your menu, tap handle or coaster. Add a few extra cents to the price of the pint, and promote yourself as a conscientious supporter of PA farmers.
For details on PA Preferred, visit www.papreferred.com.
Local matters: "Grain with a higher purpose"
- Malting barley improves family farmers' livelihoods.
- 93% of PA Consumers prefer local ingredients.
- Products made with local ingredients command a higher price.
- You can make a better margin on a local pint.
- Local, fresh craft malt tastes great.
- All our malt is single origin and tested by an ASBC lab.
- The CoA shows who grew it and where.
To request information on Double Eagle malts and pricing, email Scott or call him at 215-422-2019.